Discount
Disney Cruise Line Specials

Sunday, May 27, 2012

This Week in Podcasting May 20-26




Communicore WeeklyEpisode 19: This weeks show from Jeff and George from MiceChat focuses on the Jungle Cruise. Any sure way to get me to like your Podcast, talk about Disney History. I should also say that I really appreciate the original music that is sprinkled all over this podcast. Any show that doesn’t put the Fantasmic loop behind their show gets points from me, but to put your own original music in the show gets major points. There are so many Disney focused podcast out there, and these guys have taken that one extra step to make their show stand out from the others. Back to this week’s content. The Jungle Cruise segment was short, sweet, and filled with some of the standard Jungle Cruise historical information. One segment that I look forward to each week on this show is the Book of the Week segment. I usually listen to the segment, and then run over to amazon.com and buy the book that is recommended. That’s called Geek Synergy! Now a days, any production quality that does not stink is good production quality. The show sounds smooth and the segment transitions are very well done and make for an easy listen for the fan. The hosts are likeable, grounded and very easy to listen to. While they offer their opinions, they do not come across as nit picky, or too fan boyish. They don’t play too innocent but they are not in your face with farts, and dirty jokes. The shows are short and sweet, and this weeks show is a typical example of the kind of content that they offer up each and every week.


WEDWAY RADIO Episode114: Sometimes when I am feeling low or sick I do a few things to center myself and get my mind and body feeling better. I go out to the store and buy one of the massively delicious Oreo pies. I play my favorite Wii game, and I download the latest or an archive WEDWAY Radio show. The reasons are simple and have stayed the same; familiar, east and comfortable production quality. The show is packed with Disney facts, history and cant miss information. And most importantly, you can really tell that hosts Matt and Nate Parrish have a true passion and love for everything Disney. Their show releases have been sporadic at best over the last few months, but that’s ok because when a new show is released it is nothing short of podcasting brilliance. This weeks show focuses on Walt Disneys original dream for EPCOT. To prepare for the 30th anniversary of the Florida theme park the brothers Parrish discuss what Walt had envisioned and how he was planning to execute the operation before his untimely death in 1966. Matt and Nate really know their stuff and they make hosting the show seem easy and fun. Some other shows, when doing history or fact finding segments come across as over rehearsed and you can tell they are reading copy right off of a paper in front of their face; stale, uninspired and usually painful for the listener. Wedway Radio is the exact opposite. These guys don’t waste time and they dive into this difficult subject feet first. Never uptight but always serious Matt and Nate sure make it worth the wait, and I look forward to more great EPCOT specials this summer from WEDWAY Radio!         



DisneyBrit Podcast Episode 94: Recently I have been a bit cautious about reviewing and listening to shows from across the pond because I was finding it increasingly difficult to relate to the shows, but I decided to jump back into the fray by listening to this weeks Disney Brit show. This week the hosts play some of the audio from the recent Mouse Meets event in the UK, and they also have a news segment. I am finding that all of the shows from England have the same news, and discussion segments. The only shows that really distinguish themselves with different, unique, and fresh segments are Minnie Minxes and UUOP. I can pretty much listen to Disney Brit, Your Mousecast and Dis After Dark and get the same segments and information. The only difference between the shows is the opinions, hosts, and background music. Im not saying that listening to these shows and their segments is any different from listening to the 40,000 American Dinsey podcast that recycle the same news and features, but for some reason, probably an unfair and unjust reason, I am quickly growing weary of the UK shows. There are a few things that set the shows apart however. The reason I continue to come back to these shows it for the great people that host the shows. Hosts Adam and Kaz (sp?) really have warm personalities and even though I have listened to the same content on a different show, I really do enjoy hearing their opinions and getting to know them. After complaining about the sameness of all of the Disney UK shows, I should take some time to rave about the great interviews on this weeks show of Len Testa and Bill Farmer. The Disney Brit crew probably does the best job of all of the UK shows to bring their audience some of the best interviews. I did not attend Mouse Meet so listening to these interviews was a fun listen. So while I do complain, a lot, about some of these UK shows, you should definitely give them a listen because they might surprise you. I am not writing them off at all, especially not Disney Brit, but I do wish one of them would break the mold and push the envelope a bit to help differentiate themselves from the other shows out there.



Show of the Week:  Unofficial Guide Disney Dish Episode 10-11: Hands down, no contest, without a doubt the undisputed show of the week this week. He usually teams up with Jim Hill for a random podcast here or there, but this week Unofficial Guide co author Len Testa teams up with Disney history and urban planning guru Sam Gennawey. In these shows Sam and Len take a leisurely stroll around the Magic Kingdom and Sam points out some of those minute Disney details that we have come to know and love.  Sam offers up some of the most in depth and important information I have heard. Again, once I think I know all there is to know about WDW, I listen to Sam Gennawey or Jim Hill talk and I walk away with a whole new level of knowledge and understanding. Sure, its great to hear podcasts talk about which bathroom in EPCOT is their favorite, but this weeks Unofficial Guide Disney Dish is the kind of show that I long and yearn for on a weekly basis; packed with history, insider information, and tips that help you understand Disney World. Sam talks about the kind of architectural techniques that elicit certain emotions from long time Disney fans, and he also explains why the buildings on Main Street USA are the certain height, color, and shape they are. Sam and Len recorded this series of shows from inside the Magic Kingdom and there is certain level of ambient park and crows noise that makes its way into the recording. As someone who was not always a fan of in park recording, I found that the level of park noise that accompanied Len and Sam was just about right. You really felt like you were walking right beside the two in the park with the noise of the Main Street Trolley Show in one ear and the sound of a frustrated mom in the other. Like I said earlier, this show was more than what I could ask for in a good Disney Podcast and well deserving of Show of the Week. I do not have a say in who wins Show of the Month, I leave that to you, the fans; but if I did, I think that this show would be up for there for May Show of the Month. This was a very competitive week in podcasting and Len Testa really put on a great show for the listeners.    


Please take the time to visit my new Youtube channel.
I am adding new videos everyday so check it out!
  
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @wakefieldreport 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

ADVERTISE ON THE WAKEFIELD REPORT PODCAST!

advertise on podbean

Followers