Discount
Disney Cruise Line Specials

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August Show of the Month

I gave you, the readers, a chance to vote on which one of the three Shows of the Week from August you thought should be Show of the Month. The votes came in via twitter @wakefieldreport and the winner and August Show of the month is.......





Show of the Month: DIBBcast Xtra 30: Ok, so my first and so far only review of this show was met with lots of confusion, and a little bit of anger. I thought back then, that this shows simple and easy format was great to listen to. And writing my second review of the show a few months later, I still think that. This weeks show is what I have come to expect from the DibbCast XTra crew. They talked about some recent theme park news to start off the show. No distracting and overproduced segment breaks with lots of music and sound effects. As a UK podcast, they seemed to make themselves stand out from the rest. Yes, the news they cover is the same as everyone else in the UK, but their simple and at times, dry approach to the news is easy to listen to. I think some show hosts can sense that they are putting out the same information and segments as every other UK, so they try really hard to make themselves stand out. Sometimes this can backfire on a show. By trying too hard to be funny, or by taking a WDW Fanboy like, “I don’t really care what we are talking about” approach is nothing short of frustrating. This show is simple, and does a great job at getting the information across to the listener. That, to me at least, is why I listen to a podcast. Im not there to listen to you make what you think is a funny joke every 4 minutes. Give me the news, tell me what you think, and for the love of God, don’t put Fantasmic as your background music. The addition of the interview of the DIBBCast crew on Mousechat was a great addition to the show as well. I learned a lot from this weeks show. Again, easy to listen to, great information for the listener, and a simple format is what made this weeks show a great listen. But then again, I am a simpleton, so maybe im not the one you should be turning to for podcast reviews!  





DIBBCast will go on to compete for Wakefield Report Show of the Year along side the other Show of the Month winners!








Please take the time to visit my new Youtube channel.
I am adding new videos everyday so check it out!


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @wakefieldreport



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

ADVERTISE ON THE WAKEFIELD REPORT PODCAST!

advertise on podbean

Followers