Discount
Disney Cruise Line Specials

Sunday, May 13, 2012

This Week in Podcasting May 6-12




ISO 5571 Episode ???: Let me start off by saying I have no idea what ISO 5571 stands for. So, yea, its going to be that kind of review. The show is hosted by a few people; Tom Bricker and Ryan Pastorino, with Cory Disbrow. Now this is my first encounter with Ryan and Cory, but I know Tom. Well at least I thought I knew Tom. I know the Tom who co hosts the Dis Geek podcast. I know the Tom who had a guest spot on WDW Today last week; but I do not know this Tom. When I downloaded this show I thought I could handle it and all of its advanced technology talk. But just like a 19 year old and his first bottle of tequila, I was in way over my head. Fortunately, I did not end up face down in the bathroom covered I puke. That only happens when I listen to Remotely Universal. While listening to the show I took some time and visited the guys Flickr accounts and I was very impressed. This weeks show focuses on how the hosts prepare for a visit to WDW or Disneyland. Again, I thought I could hang, but I was wrong. Its not that the guys were bad hosts, or the show sucked; I am just not advanced enough in the world of cameras and photography. Maybe doing a review of a show that covers such a foreign technology is not fair, but it was their time. The show was not terrible, I fact it was a decent listen, and im sure once I learn more about photography this will be one of the shows I download every week. I would guess anyone who is apt to this technology would find this weeks show very useful. The production quality is standard and the hosts have an ok delivery. Its not about flash and flare on this show; its about sharing and discussing the technology with each other and the listeners. Even without know what a lens hood or aperture is I still learned a few things and plan on using some of the tricks with my handheld point and shoot POS on my next trip WDW.   



These Amazing PlacesEpisode 211: Wow! On this weeks show hosts Adam and Doug give one of the most extensive reviews of Disney World annual pass holder benefits that I have ever heard! They cover prices, discounts, when and where the discounts are available and how to purchase the pass. I have been listening to this show for a few months now and I must say I am surprised by how well these guys covered the passholder program at WDW. Accompanied by decent production quality, this weeks show is a very easy listen; for me at least. I am already a WDW passholder and I already knew of all the benefits offered, but I still didn’t mind listening to the show at all. Everything you ever need to know about being a WDW annual passholder is packed into this show. Don’t read a blog or read Disneys official propaganda, save yourself some time and listen to this week’s These Amazing Places! Since this show was such an easy and enjoyable listen I really do not have anything negative to say about this weeks show. Maybe they could have splashed in some WDW history or changed up the background music, but other than that this show is about as good as it gets. What I like most about this podcast is the guys are not only fans of Disney, but they are fans of vacationing altogether. I love Disney, but my ultimate goal is to travel and see the world; the real world, not just Disney world. I have yet to work this show into my regular rotation, but the more I dip in and listen to a show here and a show there, the closer I am to putting it into my regular podcast listening rotation.       


Dis After Dark Episode8: This offering from the bad boys of Britain is a little bit different. This week the guys are broadcasting from the Bullring Travellodge in Birmingham for Mousemeets 2012. This show was recorded in front of a live audience. The content of the show is the usual with a few different thing thrown in and a little bit less organization; but still the same Dumb Ass question, news, and rant segments. The two hosts have chemistry for days! They are humorous, witty, and quick on their toes with the live crow. UUOP co host Tracey has a quick cameo on the show. If your listening to this show to learn anything, then I really wouldn’t waste my time; and that is not a knock on the show, that is kind of the way the show was designed. It’s a relaxed, comical, and slightly satirical look at WDW. The guys don’t take themselves too seriously and they keep the content light and enjoyable. If you need some good filler on your Ipod or a show that will help you unwind on the way home from work, then definitely take a listen to this week’s Dis After Dark.   



Show of the Week: Mousestation Episode 447: On this weeks show host Mark makes us all jealous and share some stories and audio from his recent trip to a behind the scenes trip around new Fantasyland in WDW. The audio portion is really neat and brings to the forefront some rare and very special audio. I really wish they would have entered I some pictures along with the audio walk along. Kind of the way WDWNT does with their enhanced podcast, but maybe I am being too greedy and just enjoy the great audio on the show. Mark on eon one interview with Imaginer Chris Beaty is really well done. He manages to get some really important information out of him. Mark definitely knows his stuff and he asks Chris some very interesting questions about the relationship between the new Fantasyland construction and the former 20,000 leagues attraction. That is a question that only a pro who is well versed in WDW history could ask! A big thanks to Mark for reminding me of how little I know about WDW history.  He also asks Chris about sightlines and other things. This interview is a cant miss for anyone who is anticipating the opening of New Fantasyland. The interview with Danielle Duffy is just as good. As someone who does not stay on site I was not as thrilled about the Art of Animation resort, but the interview was still a good listen. This show is very well organized. The hosts have a great presence and really know how to navigate the listener around a podcast. I really find the whole “Mouse Planet” gimmick and mentions kind of forced and corny but its not too much, but it does kind of distract me as a listener. Give me a simple, straight forward listen. Tell me stories and make me laugh. I do not need to hear that I am to, “keep my hands and feet inside the podcast”. I hate it when shows do that. That being said, I am very happy with this show. I am surprised I have made it this long and I am just now getting around to listening to and reviewing the show. At the end of the day, of all the podcasts I listened to this week, I learned the most from Mousesation. Packed with insider information and a splash of Disney history, I was very surprised and pleased with this show. Its my first time listening to the show and my first time reviewing it and it has already won its first Show of the Week! That’s impressive.   


Please take the time to visit my new Youtube channel.
www.youtube.com/wakefieldreport  
I am adding new videos everyday so check it out! 
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @wakefieldreport 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

ADVERTISE ON THE WAKEFIELD REPORT PODCAST!

advertise on podbean

Followers